POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Organisation : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 12 Dec 2006 00:07:33
Message: <457e3915$1@news.povray.org>
It all looks good so far, of course I only gave it a quick read :)

There are two things I'd like to further suggest, however:

1) All contributions should be required to submit to a particular
(non-exclusive) license, similar to what the IRTC does.  Ie, "I agree to
the standard license, and allow anyone with access to this repository to
use my contribution for any purpose whatsoever, including making changes
and submitting patches to the repository."  Or something like that.  The
point is, if I access something from the repository, I don't want to
have to read over the license for it to determine whether or not I
should use it.

2) In the vein of "value-added features", I'd recommend allowing users
to rate the individual files according to several criteria, such as
Completeness, Usability, Realism, Uniqueness, etc (those are just
examples), as well as add comments / reviews about them.  If a
submission has multiple versions, allow the viewing of aggregate reviews
(for all versions combined), or for a single version.

...Chambers